5.10.2010

you're all i need / don't make me face my generation alone


if you know me at all, you know my favorite band is the format.



imagine my ultimate devastation when they broke up (gah! heartbreak!)

but alas, a project in the works since 2008, and having released their first album this past august, has arisen-- FUN.!



that's right people, nate ruess, lead singer of the format, is back with his new band fun.

i. am. ecstatic.

alright, admittedly i was skeptical at first. having been obsessed with the format since my freshman year in high school, it was hard to imagine anything could match it's greatness, especially in a the format knockoff in which nate seems to mimic mika for many of the albums upbeat songs.

but then i downloaded the album ( aim & ignite) and listened to it on repeat for 2 days.


i. love. it.

the lyrics are equally fantastic, applicable to my life, and just generally amazing and awe-inspiring, in a way that only nate ruess can fashion. further, the emotional progression and religious undertones throughout the course of the album make for a fantastic musical experience...that i highly encourage anyone, the format fans or not alike to investigate.

and as blasphemous as it sounds, admittedly, i think fun.'s new album is, well, simply more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment