7.12.2009

lindsay lohan's got nothin' on us

one regret i have is that of not spending much time with my youngest sister, L. she's won the attention of my mom through their shared passion for horses and such, but she still spends every moment at home trying to win the rest of our attention. my dad recognizes this and plays into her stupid jokes and loud stories that have nothing to do with anything, are poorly told, and frankly, not interesting, and K bitterly ignores her and call her out on her terrible stories and various other attention grabbing techniques. i'm usually too tired to care, and plus, i spend most of my time out of the house or in my room anyway. a seven year gap makes a difference between us...she's just entering tween-dom when i'm entering adult-dom, and it's unfortunate. we never matched up the way K and i did, or the way K and L can and do (only when K can put aside her generally enflamed persona). but sometimes, we have breakthrough moments where i totally dig my younger sister...

tonight my family and i met my grandparents at bonefish grill for dinner in celebration of my grandparents' 56th wedding anniversary (for their 50th we took a beach trip, it was awesome). at the end of the dinner, i got up to go use the bathroom (frickin waitress kept plopping down a thousand un-requested ginger ales in front of me) and L jumped up and followed me. we met back up again at the sinks and started washing our hands, and that's when the upbeat and catchy song --the name of which i can't remember...it was in the remake of the parent trap-- "this will be, an everlasting love" etc... so that song came on and i, as i usually do, broke out into air-keyboard/piano, rather passionately and enthusiastically. without request, L jumped on air guitar for me and we started rocking out to this song, doing ridiculous dances in front of the wall-length mirror in the bathroom, and trading instruments with the verses (yes, L did hop on air drums for me, and i took the air trumpet). i had so much fun being stupid with L in the bathroom, and it kinda made me bummed that i never saw much of her before i'm going off to college

No comments:

Post a Comment